The Museum will be closed between May 20-24 while the curator is on vacation.
We want to thank everyone who so generously donated to help us pay for the additional expense of added security and new fencing after our air conditioners were stolen a few weeks ago. It is wonderful to see such an outpouring of community support!
Charles K. Landis was a lawyer, real estate developer and author, whose story was filled with hope and heartbreak.
Elegant art glass, paintings, Civil War memorabilia and Native American artifacts are just part of our museum collections.
We have a lot of tales to tell you but are always happy to learn about local families and businesses. If you have stories or photographs to share, please let us know.
The Vineland Historical and Antiquarian Society is the oldest local historical society in New Jersey, headquartered in the oldest purpose-built museum in the state. It was founded in 1864, just three years after Vineland was established by Philadelphia attorney Charles K. Landis, who was a life member of the organization.
Our collections include 19th century glassware, art, musical instruments and photographs, as well as Native American artifacts and Civil War memorabilia. The First House ever built in Vineland (in 1862) is located on the grounds of the museum and is available for tours. The Society is a 501(c)3 non-profit that welcomes donations and financial support from the community.
(Photos by John W. Carr)
Sign up to hear from us about specials programs and events.
The Vineland Historical and Antiquarian Society is dedicated to collecting and preserving artifacts and records related to Vineland and the South Jersey region, and to sharing that material with visitors through exhibits, programs and other appropriate venues. Vineland has a rich, culturally-diverse past that is reflected through our collections. To learn more, please contact us or make an appointment to visit.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without the express and/or written permission of the Vineland Historical and Antiquarian Society is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the Vineland Historical and Antiquarian Society with appropriate and specific directions to the original content.